Saint Paul says: Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (ESV)
May I offer some simple suggestions as we end 2020 and move on to 2021?
- Please tip the housekeepers at hotels. Most of the housekeepers are female, that I have encountered. Leave a tip each morning. I have talked to many over the years, and they are single moms, people who are new to the country and trying to make a new life, and wives with inadequate income from their spouse. Imagine what $5 to $10 a day per room would mean to them.
- Please turn off your car engine when grocery servers come out to load the groceries in the trunk. You will not freeze, you will not burn up, but you will limit the exhaust the servers have to inhale.
- Write a letter to someone who has had a significant impact on your life.
- Give a generous year-end offering to your church; it has been a rough year.
- Consider everyone you meet is hurting treat them with respect even if crouchy.
- Please send a note to your pastor; it has been a rough year.
- Enter 2021 with forgiveness for others, hope for the future, and a love for God.
May you have a blessed New Year—Jim and Debbie Allen 2020